RBKS believes in strengthening local communities in an area for sustainable development and flourishment of the masses. The organization is engaged in social activities in the tribal areas and takes along the local communities and individual by organizing them into community-based organization to ensure every member of community is involved in development process.
Years of Programme
Villages of Jhadol
Villages of Dungarpur
These community-based organizations are set up in villages and aim at bringing employment and income generation opportunities along with education, healthcare and skill training facilities for local masses. RBKS has organized, initiated and registered a number of community-based organizations in area of operations for empowerment of women, ecosystem and natural resource management, spreading of education and awareness, maintenance of local projects, marketing of agro produce in tribal and rural areas.
These CBOs are run with the help of local villagers and have strong participation from tribal population, BPL families, women and other community members to ensure holistic development of an area. Till date, RBKS have started a total of 150 self-help groups (SHGs) and more than 10 community-based organizations (CBOs), each of which is registered under the Society Registration Act or Companies Act. The Community-based Organizations set up and registered by RBKS.
- Village Forest Protection & Management Committee: Set up with an aim to ensure participatory ecosystem management and joint forest management in the area.
- Village Watershed Development Committee: To ensure sustainable natural resource management by the tribal and rural community
- Village Education Committee: To create awareness about importance of formal education and increase interest of local community members in formal education
- Mahila Mandal: Set up with an aim to empower women in the area
- User Group: Set up to ensure building up of a maintenance mechanism for shared resources and ensure responsibility sharing among community members.
- Wagar Amla Production Committee: To market amla products produced by local farmers
- MICROCREDIT: For providing credit facility & to promote income generating activities
- Agro Processing Company: For processing of agro products produced by farmers
Development of Backward Tribal & Rural Areas
Tribal Culture Center
RBKS is involved in promotion of local tribal art and culture in an area through various cultural programmes, camps, shows and activities. The organization conducts regular awareness generation camps, training camps, promotional activities to promote folk tribal art and culture like Garvi, Ramayana, Fag, Bhavai& other folk art forms and dance forms. With support from Aga Khan Foundation, RBKS started organizing cultural activities for promotion of tribal culture. The proceeds from the cultural activities are used for operating senior secondary school and other education facilities in the remote tribal areas for educating tribal children.
Liaisons & Networking with Other Agencies
RBKS is committed to the development and empowerment of local tribal communities. With the same objective, the organization joins hands with local bodies, agencies, NGOs & CBOs working with the same aim to share experiences and suggest development programs in area of operations and beyond. Some of the liaisons where RBKS is actively involved include the following:
- District Coordination Committee Member
- Master Trainer in Health Management Drive (ASHA)
- Member of Governing Body, ARAVALI, Jaipur
- Secretary of Markandey Ashram Trust, Jodhpur